Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Nine eleven oh-one

11 yrs ago when the World Trade Centre was attacked, I was at home watching tv, my program was interrupted shortly after the first tower was hit, I then watched live as the next plane flew into the other.  I knew at that moment, those buildings were going down.   When they collapsed I felt horrified that this could happen not that far from where I live, devastated for all the lives lost on that day.  I can't imagine what it must have been like to be in or around those towers on that day, to be a loved one getting a call to say goodbye, or don't worry, or I'm leaving the building I'll see you soon.  Some made it home, but many more didn't. 

First responders and others are still suffering the effects of illness from inhalation injuries/diseases.  They have been fighting all these years for medical coverage they so desperately need and deserve for serving the people of New York in the most heroic way possible.

This is the thought I want to leave you with.  How will we survive as the human race if we continue to choose violence to settle our differences?  We need to accept each other and embrace our diversity and understand that we are all equal.  Violence, oppression, exploitation, slavery have no place on this earth.



Call me an idealist, see if I care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment