Tuesday, October 18, 2011

French food for the soul

My guy loves his French class at school.  Tonight at bedtime, we had a fun little game going.  He sang me a song in French (of course, I know it, but pretend it's the first time I've heard it).  Tête, épaules, genoux, orteilles...yeux, nez, bouche, oreilles.  Then he asks me a whole bunch of words in french:  boat: bateau, bed:  lit, kiss:  bisou, he says bisou and I kiss him, he says it again and of course, kiss him.  Repeat, repeat, repeat.   He tries to circumvent my next kiss by throwing up his stuffed owl, so I say "No!  Hibou, not bisou!" which sets him off into uncontrollable giggles.  When it's time to say our final goodnight he says to me, "Give daddy a bisou for me!"  I love him.  He is such a sweet boy.  I'm a lucky mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment