Saturday, October 8, 2011

With thanks



We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  ~Thornton Wilder

I have many treasures to be thankful for this Thanksgiving weekend, and the rest of the year too, but now is a good time to acknowledge them.

Some of them are obvious, but they need to be said.
I am thankful for my amazing son and fantastic husband.  I'm not sure what I did to be so lucky, but it must have been good because they are the centre of my world.

Thankful for my family, parents, sisters and brother, I would never trade them. 

Thankful for my girlz, you know who you are.  I could not have gotten through this year without the support.  

 Thankful that twice I was in the right place, at the right time.  I came close to panicking both times, but I held it together and made a difference.  M and A are both safe and sound, for that I am thankful.

Thankful for a good job, a roof over my head and luxuries a lot of people don't have.  

Since last Thanksgiving, it's been a rough year.  Lots of downs, some ups, but I'm hopeful things will settle down soon.   

Seventy-seven days until Christmas!  The countdown is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment