Sunday, August 26, 2012

French toast

This is my own recipe for French Toast.  It's very similar to my mom's, but she uses white bread, I'm a fan of whole wheat but tomayto tomahto.  I don't own the copyright or anything but it's the balance of flavour that I enjoy and he will eat and then ask for more!  That's all a parent really wants, is to see their kids eat!  I love to make this on weekends when we have time to cook in the kitchen together.  He's an expert mixer, soon he'll be ready to learn to crack the eggs!  His favourite part is the eating, and really can you blame him?? 

5 eggs
1/4 cup of milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
6-8 slices whole wheat bread (at least day old works best)
1-2 tbsp vegetable oil


20120825_082146-1.jpg

The key to this recipe is to preheat your pan then lower the temperature to about medium or slightly lower.  Don't crowd the pan, I use a fairly large skillet and only two slices at a time.  Halfway through, add some fresh oil. 


20120825_082124.jpg

Serve with *real* maple syrup and your choice of fruit!  My picky eater likes bananas, but they can't be on the same plate as the toast.  :)

 20120825_085201-1.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Hi there - Just thought I'd let you know I tried your recipe with my 3 year old. Success! I'm currently learning how to cook (managed to avoid it until now!) and figured I'd start a blog to collect the recipes I try and track my progress - so I put your recipe up there. Hope that's ok.

    ReplyDelete