Monday, July 29, 2013

Baby Doll

On July 2nd, 2013 we welcomed the prettiest little girl into our family.  She was born at 1:19 pm weighing 6 lbs 11 oz.  It was not an easy pregnancy, nor did the scheduled c-section go as planned (I won't go into the awful details here, it may deter women from having children.), but in the end it was worth it to have our precious daughter here with us.  She is a beautiful baby with a mild disposition and boy does she ever love to sleep!  (I am not complaining, just wondering, "is this normal??" :)) 

I am so lucky because I get to fall in love all over again.  It's crazy how it's different, but yet the same as when my gorgeous son was born just over 6 years ago.  You have this little person there in front of you that you barely know but love so totally and completely that you can't wrap your head around it. 

Now, almost 4 weeks later I've gotten to know my Baby Doll.  She has settled into a fairly good routine, in 3-4 hour cycles.  We've had a surprise "sleep through the night by accident", it was an anomaly, but one of the best night's sleep I've had since before I got pregnant!  Also, to my delight, my son has become an adoring big brother.  He is eager to help, loves to check on the baby or get her something she needs.  He unfortunately won't change diapers, but I think I can live with that.  I have loved seeing this compassionate, caring side of his personality.  I thought he might be a bit jealous of the baby, but he hasn't been at all.  He has been looking for lots of attention of his own, but I figure that's to be expected.  He's not going about it in an obnoxious way, he just wants us to play with him and he is used to us having all of our time for him.  Overall, I could not have asked for a better transition from 3 in the family to 4.

Welcome Baby Doll, we love you so so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment