Thursday, October 10, 2013

His and Hers

I occasionally write poetry.  Some of you know this, others don't.  I have always been a writer, when I was in elementary school I entered a writing competition in which I won a prize.  I think I won first prize and then my essay moved on to the next level where I won again.  I don't remember all of the details but there was a small sum of money involved and I was very excited about it.   I love to read, I love to write and the odd time the urge strikes me to write poetry.

I had a high school teacher who said something that always stayed with me.  Poetry writing is not about inspiration, it's about discipline.  Well I'm here to say that in my case, he's wrong.  Each and every poem that I have written is because I was somehow inspired.

I have written poems for each of my children that I would like to share.  My titles are lacking, but appropriate to whom they are written for.

(English teacher friends, be kind...)

His

In that first moment
When I looked upon your face
I finally understood
A love that is eternal
And will always be
My saving grace


 Hers

Her eyes opened wide
And fed the love held inside
That fulfills my soul

For my son and daughter.  Love you both forever.






No comments:

Post a Comment