Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all of you.

It has been a whirlwind of a year, lots of ups and some downs too.  I find myself with mixed feelings this holiday season.  Excited to celebrate Baby Doll's first Christmas with us.  Excited to see Bug flip out on Christmas morning when he sees the gifts under the tree.  Excited to spend time with all of my family and see friends over the coming weeks while school is out.

Also a bit sad.  Thinking about those who are not with us anymore.  Thinking about how things have changed since they left us.  Thinking about what might have been if things had worked out differently. It's not about regret.  To regret certain things would mean I don't appreciate or love what and who I have now.  It is just about remembering, and giving myself permission to acknowledge the grief. 

I am also thankful for everything I have.  I feel so rich in so many ways even if my pocket book tells a different tale :) 

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, may this season bring you joy, love, peace and time to spend with your loved ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment