Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Roasted chicken with vegetables

I'm not a very enthusiastic cook.  I really don't enjoy cooking at all.  There are however a few meals that I can throw together without much strain on my brain.  They are mostly dishes involving one pot and 10 ingredients or less.

You will need:

1 whole chicken
2 large white or yellow potatoes and/or sweet potatoes, cubed
2 carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
1 onion, chopped
whole garlic cloves (a handful)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup water
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 bay leaf
fresh ground pepper

In a large roaster, place chicken in center, surround with chopped veggies, garlic at the top.  
Drizzle vinegar, sauce over all ingredients.  Add water slowly at the side of the dish, do not wash the sauces off the meat or veggies (as much as possible).  Grind pepper over everything.  Place bay leaf inside.
Cover and bake at 375 F for 1 hr 15 mins, or until juices from the leg are running clear.

N.B. I like to cook my chickens upside down.  That way it self bastes.

This is one of my families favourites.

Bon appétit!





No comments:

Post a Comment