Monday, May 5, 2014

Sappy stuff

I am feeling a bit sappy today.  I'm probably over tired because Baby Doll was little miss social last night.  She went to bed at her usual time but was up around 11:30 because she wanted to be with us apparently.  I had daddy go make her a bottle to hopefully encourage her to go back to sleep.  While he was downstairs she reached her arms to be picked up, so of course I obliged and was delighted to have her nuzzle her face into my neck, she wanted to cuddle.  Her head was turned towards me and she just looked up at me, closed her eyes for a bit and opened them again and smiled.  I sang her the first song that popped into my head, Barges, and she just looked at me, head still on my shoulder.  When that was done I switched to her favourite Nanny song, it's not really a song, just "doo dee doo" sounds, and out came some giggles.  It was such a beautiful moment.  I want to remember it forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment