Thursday, July 15, 2010

Two days to go!

Two more days until I am on holidays...aaaaah.  It will be a much needed break from what I consider to be a stressful job.  I have some loose plans to visit with family, see some friends, and hopefully head up to the cottage for a couple of days for some R&R, swimming, and general down time.  I am not going on a big trip, everyone at works asks:  Where will you be going on your holidays?  My answer is usually:  No where. 

I am a home body.  I like to stay close to home, I am not a big fan of hotels and traveling on airplanes, I would much rather put my feet up at home, or see the sights around Ottawa.  Some people kind of look at me a little bit sideways, not understanding why I wouldn't want to explore different countries, cultures etc.  The truth of the matter is, I am quite happy to stay home.   I have been on a few big trips, well 3 to be exact, in my adult life, we went to Disney World on our honeymoon, once to the Dominican with a friend, and went to a wedding in Calgary.  I've had the same feeling at the end of each of them, that, "Gee, I'm SOO glad to be home!!".  While I had an amazing time on each trip the feeling of coming home was the happiest I would feel.  I think the next big trip that I take, I would like it to be a road trip.  Likely not this summer, but hopefully next, I would like to head to the east coast, see the lighthouses, Anne of Green Gables house, and eat some yummy seafood.

I am a homebody.  And here's to summer vacation!  2 days to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment