Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The magical moments

Last night my husband and I were settling down on the couch to watch our previously PVRed shows.  We have a small obsession with a certain chef's reality t.v. series.  Tuesday nights, that's what we watch fairly religiously.  As he sometimes does, my 3 yr old wandered down from his bedroom wanting to be with us.  Neither of us was feeling very strict about where he slept, we let him lie down on the couch with a blanket and pillow and a few minutes later he was asleep.  Meanwhile, we were absorbed in our show, fast fowarding through the commercials that we didn't look over at him for some time.  When we did, we saw he had his head buried under the blanket with his legs and bum out and up in the air.  I haven't laughed so hard in quite a while.  We did photograph the moment, I won't post it here or likely anywhere, but we will be saving it for future embarrassment opportunities.  This is the kind of photo that parents show their child's girlfriend/boyfriend.  May even be worth saving for the fiancee.  Again I was struck by just how much I love my son.  I never knew it was possible to love another person so totally and completely.  I was happy before, but it seems so insignificant to what I feel now that he is part of my life.  It is a love that is unconditional and will never ever die.  Even when I die, I hope that I will have loved him so well during my life that he will carry that love with him until the day he dies and even then, if fate is kind, he will have passed it on to his children.  Having said that, I have my own parents to thank; it would seem it began for me, with them. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment