Thursday, August 12, 2010

Light at the end of the tunnel

This week has been a rough one.  Stress at work, stress at home, and the added challenge of finding new daycare for my son.  His caregiver has decided to go back to working outside the home at her previous job.  While I don't begrudge her her career, I can't help but feel betrayed, maybe that's too strong a word, let's go with disappointed.  Disappointed only because my son loves her and her children.  He is going to miss them and I know he will ask about them regularly.  I hope we can meet up for playdates or coffee at TH's so he can see his best friends.  On the bright side I was able to find a new daycare for him to go to.  She lives on our street, takes care of another little boy the same age as my son and seems like a very very nice lady.  I am looking forward to this new relationship especially since there are long term possibilities, ie. after school care since she is obviously on the bus route for the school he will attend. 

I also have some guilt feelings as this will be my son's 4th daycare in two years.  The first change was our decision, but the next two were not.  I hope he is not being damaged in any way.  I think he's pretty easygoing, he adjusts very easily and has only thrown not even a handful of real tantrums.  I hope he will adjust to this change with the same flexibility as he has always shown.  I just feel so badly that he's the one that has to deal with the change in his life.  I just want him to be happy.  I love my little bug. 

Thankfully this week is just about over.  I don't think I could take much more pressure.  My shoulder is even sore from being yanked around so much!!  I am looking forward to a weekend with not too many obligations.  I am planning to sleep in (I don't really know if 7:30 am is considered sleeping in, it is quite a bit later than the time I normally get up at), watch some tube, study a bit, pick up my library books, go to a star party...oh shit...this sounds busy already.  Maybe Sunday....no, Sunday I have to write my French mid-term.  F%^K.  Oh well.  Maybe next weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment