Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pottery

Our anniversary is fast approaching. I have spent nine amazing years married to the most wonderful man. I fell for him all over again when he became a father and he was so gentle and capable with our baby.  There's nothing stronger than a man who can be so loving and protective of a helpless baby. 

Bit of trivia: Traditionally, the ninth anniversary is celebrated with pottery or willow, the flower of choice would be the poppy and the gemstone Lapis Lazuli, which is an amazingly beautiful Persian stone, a brilliant colour of blue.

On July 6, 2002 I married my high school sweetheart. It was a beautiful summer day.  The week before was hot and sticky, but the day of our wedding, it all just disappeared.  It took place at Strathmere House, the ceremony was outside, under the trees, it could not have been more perfect.  We were lucky to share the day with both of our families and many of our friends.  I remember in the evening, just before sunset we started seeing some smoke from forest fires that were happening just outside the city.  It had an eery kind of beauty to it, even though we knew it represented something awful.  The day went off without a hitch, due to in large part to the careful planning of the event by my wedding coordinators; my mother and sisters.  :)  The ceremony began with Canon in D, and ended with the music of trumpets.  It was on this day that he made the most important promise to me.  That he would be responsible for killing all the bugs (spiders!) for me.  We took many pictures, enough for a lifetime, but I remember that day as clearly as if it were yesterday.  It isn't every day that your best friend (Bridesmaid) tells your sister (MOH) how she was sharing a room with the groom!  (haha, inside joke!)  And after it was all done we spent an hour pulling bobby pins out of my hair and then went straight to bed...for 4 hours before we had to get up to go to the airport!  We were leaving for Disney World the very next morning.  When we talked about honeymoon spots, the conversation didn't last very long, we both knew that we wanted to do Disney/Universal/MGM.  I think it's because we are both kids at heart.  Some day we will go back with our family, it will be our "Dream Vacation". 

I am blessed with a wonderful husband.  He's not perfect, but he's mine and I wouldn't change a thing about him.

1 comment:

  1. Yes that was me and the look on Stephanie's face was priceless!!! I was so happy and honoured to be a part of your special day as Bridesmaid #2!!! I never had a sister, but you're an amazing friend and I feel like I do have a sister! I'm blessed! I luv you A! BFF's forever!!

    ReplyDelete