Friday, September 23, 2011

Eye of the storm

We are leaving in a few minutes to bring our bug for eye surgery @CHEO.  It's minor, I know it's minor, but your resident worrywart is of course worrying instead of sleeping.  I've been up since about 4 am.  His pre-op went well, they had no concerns at that point, this will be a routine eye correction that they do thousands of every year.  Today, however, I don't find that at all reassuring.  This is my baby.  I'm so glad hubby/daddy is coming with us and staying at least until he needs to be at work.  It's better to not be alone.  The other good thing is that my colleagues are a hop, skip, and a jump away.  I have access to my work friends who include therapists and social workers and best of all, other mothers; who better to get you through a crisis?  I know in my brain that my guy is in good hands.  I just hate that he's not in mine.   

Worrywart out.  Stay tuned for updates later in the day via Twitter/FB. 

No comments:

Post a Comment