Monday, September 5, 2011

New skool

So my guy starts school this week.  I'm a ball of anxiety.  I know he'll be okay, but I'm not sure if I'll be okay!  He's getting so big, so tall, so mature.  His vocabulary astounds me at times.  I know being a mom is about letting go a little every day, but I want to squish him tight and keep him close forever.  Is that so wrong?  I know I'm irrational, he's been in daycare since he was 1, but somehow, this is a whole lot scarier for me.  I'm not worried about him keeping up, I know he's an intelligent boy, I'm more worried about his short attention span and potentially getting lost in a big group.  He is not shy socially, but he has a hard time asking for help if he needs it.    I'm sure everything will be fine, I'm sure I'm worrying for nothing, but this is what I do.  I keep going over and over to make sure he has all the supplies that he needs, backpack, pencils, crayons, markers, pencil crayons (pre-sharpened!), lunch box, water bottle, glue sticks, indoor shoes, outdoor shoes...it's a long list.  I hope I remember to send him with lunch and pack enough for that matter.  I wish I could go with him (even after the first day when I'm allowed to!), but that would be a bad idea, I know this.  Ok Ok, that's it, that's all I'm worried about...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment