Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Future

This is the last of three in this series.  Thanks for reading.

Christmas 2011 has come and gone.  J was fantastic, so excited about Santa and all the gifts.  The last thing we did on Christmas Eve was track Santa with NORAD.  He loved seeing him fly over the Great Wall of China and the Eiffel Tower.  He snuck downstairs early Christmas morning to check to see if Santa had come, and he had!  He woke me up exclaiming "Santa came!  Santa came!  I can't believe it!  Mommy it's so awesome!"  He opened his gifts like a pro, would have opened everyone's gifts if he had been given the chance.  He gave the obligatory statement of "Aww, clothes are no fun!", but he grudgingly said thank you anyhow.  I told him it wouldn't be good for him to be going to school naked-naked.  He was thrilled with just about all of his toys.  Got particularly excited about his light saVers (kills me everytime!) he got from my brother.  We have also enjoyed several games of Hungry Hippos, that gift went over extremely well also!  It's amazing what a few marbles and some funny looking hippos can do!  I'm all for it, I loved that game as a kid too!

As always, he was not so thrilled about sitting to eat dinner, there was too much fun going on for that!  One of the nicest moments was when he gave Grampa Louie (his great-grandfather) a high five.  It's nice that he got to see and spend a little time with him.  Grampa Louie gave him some money and he can't wait to go to the bank with it to put in his bank account.  He also played quite a bit with my aunt, they set up 3 packages of Playmobil toys and had a blast!   

And now for the future?  What do I wish for?  What do I hope for?  I wish for many more Christmases just like this one.  I hope that my family stays happy and healthy.  That my son gets to have the same wonder and magic at Christmas that he had this year, every year.  I know there will come a day when he won't believe in Santa anymore, but I hope he will always have the same excitement about the holidays and spending time together with family.  I want him to have the some of the same memories that I have of Christmas.  He may not have siblings to share it with, like I had, but at least I can give him that much.   

excerpt from:

Timeless Message of Christmas (J. Nourse)


A peaceful hush falls over the world…
When this holiday rush is through…
It’s time to reflect on family and friends…
And so I think of you…
It’s a time to send our greetings…
To those who are far and near…
To wish you the blessings of the season…
Not just today but throughout the year…

We pause and think of this special time…
A time that is set apart…
For thinking of those who are dear…
Who hold a special place in our heart…

Believe in the magic of the season…
May the love warm your hearts…
May you forever cherish the memory …
And what this season imparts…

It is not the gifts that are wrapped…
And placed under the Christmas Tree…
But the Christmas that lives within our hearts…
That is special to you and me…
May the magic and wonder of the season…
Bring joy and happiness to you…
May it be a season you will always remember…
And stay with you, your whole life through…

May the timeless message of Christmas…
Fill your heart and home with love…
May you and yours be forever blessed…
With the peace of the snow white dove…

No comments:

Post a Comment