Thursday, May 19, 2011

Changing my thought pattern


"You have to learn the rules of the game.  And then you have to play better than anyone else"  - Albert Einstein


I find it helps me change my thought process if I try to read some of the wise words of brilliant people.  I certainly am not brilliant so I try to draw from them to help me process my problems.  I don't want to perseverate on the issues that bother me.  I don't know why I need to spend my nights not sleeping, re-hashing the events that tick me off.  I can't change anything about what happened.  I can only determine what I choose to do about it, or how to respond.  Once I get into a cycle of thinking and re-thinking, I can't seem to stop.  Oh, and then I start to worry about it.  I'm like a walking ball of anxiety and really wish I could just let it go.  
What is my fatal flaw that prompted all of this thinking?  I am too trusting.  I take people at their word and believe that they will keep it.  I don't like to play games, I don't expect everyone to be my friend, only friendly.  How many times do you have to be trampled over before you learn your lesson?  I have not found the answer to that question as it relates to me yet.  6 million and counting or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment