Thursday, May 5, 2011

For mothers

My most important job, the hardest job I have ever done, is to be a mother.  I work outside the home, and at the end of the day those huge blue eyes that look up at me from inside his beautiful blond head are all that I need to see to put a smile on my face.  Some of my days are rough, the work I do isn't easy, but I think I would feel worse not doing it and coming home to my baby makes me so happy and grateful for what I have in my life. 

I try every day to be a good mother.  I was raised by a great mother and I try every day to be that for my son.  I don't always give in, I don't always do the right thing, but I try to be consistent and loving, and fair.  I know he won't realize it until a long time from now, but someday, I hope he can look back and realize that I was the best mother I could be.  I certainly never appreciated my mother in that way until I had my own child.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have 4 the way that she did.  I'm busy enough with one!  I'm thankful that the one that I have is happy, healthy and a joy to be around.  (I'll try not to brag too much)

To all the mothers out there, have a fantastic day on Sunday.  To everyone else, make sure to spoil your mother a little bit.  She deserves it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment