Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Down time is good

After a hairy week last week, it's good to have some down time.  I can actually hear myself think.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed every minute of every different activity, but it didn't give me a lot of time to process/digest all of what I did. I think it's because I am an introvert.  Many years ago, in a different work life, we did personality testing of a couple of different kinds.  The first was the Myers-Brigs Type Indicator (MBTI).  My coding came out INFP.  Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Perceiving.  I won't go into the specifics of what that all means (google could take care of that for you), but the result, in my opinion was bang on the money.  As an introvert I get my energy by being alone and taking time to reflect on what's happened recently in my life.  I make decisions based on how I feel, and need to see things as a whole, not in it's pieces.  Another test that we did was called True Colours.  I am as BLUE as can be with a secondary colour of GREEN.  Essentially, this test confirmed the results of the MBTI.  I think with my heart, not with my head, I'm sensitive, as well as sensitive to others, I understand body language/non-verbal communication pretty well.  It doesn't mean I can't make decisions based on statistics or factual information, just that it's my preference not to.  Back then, I made my boyfriend (who is now my husband) do a version of the same test online and it gave me a lot of insight into him.  We had two areas the same, and two different.  I've never looked into the meaning behind it, but it seems to work well.  Probably because our style of communication is similar and our need to see the big picture.  I also understand why he sometimes drives me crazy.  He is solution oriented, while I like to understand the reasons why.  I would like to do it again someday just to see if anything changes.  I seriously doubt it, but it would be interesting to try it again. 

I am BLUE, what's your colour?? :)

2 comments:

  1. I took MBTI in HS and I was ISt/fJ. I tied on the T/F. I took an online version more recently and I was ISTJ, but who knows if it counts.

    I just took a color personality test last year for work and I was blue with secondary green too!

    I love personality tests - they're so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to remember that past work life lol :)

    I'm still an Orange ENTJ

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete