Thursday, September 30, 2010

Autumn

Summer has ended and we are heading into autumn which is my favourite time of year.  I love the colours on the trees, the red, yellow, orange mixed in with the green.  It's breathtaking.   I find myself really looking forward to Thanksgiving and then Hallowe'en.  It will be nice to have dinner with my whole family, I always look forward to turkey day, mmmMmmm!  Pierogis would be an added bonus, but even without, I really like having family dinners.  It's rare for us to all be together under one roof, happens maybe two or three times a year.  I certainly have much to be thankful for.  A gorgeous, healthy, happy son; an amazing husband; and an extensive support system including parents, siblings, and friends.  I am very blessed. 

We already have my 3 yr old's Hallowe'en costume planned (thanks to Nanny), he's really looking forward to Trick o' Treating.  He asked if we could make candy apples, and I'm not exactly sure how it's done, but I'm sure I can come up with something.  I just hope I don't burn myself, I'm kind of accident prone that way.  I know I'll need popsicle sticks and loads of sugar.  We might not sleep for a few nights afterward, but it will have been worth it!  For my family, Hallowe'en is as big a holiday as Christmas.  My mom goes all out with decorations and has a selection of offerings for Trick o' Treaters, candy, chips, play-doh for the little ones, everyone is covered.  My favourite part will be when my son rings their doorbell and grampa will pretend he doesn't recognize him.  He did that when we were kids, and I'm sure the tradition will continue.  

No comments:

Post a Comment