Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Christmas Wish

My Christmas wish for everyone is that they get to spend this wonderful holiday with people that they love and have the joy of watching little ones light up when they see what Santa has left under their tree.  I truly believe that Christmas is for children.  I don't care if there are any gifts for me anymore, the joy on my little guy's face is all I need to see to make it all worthwhile.  His anticipation this year is through the roof!  He's even a bit worried because we don't have a chimney or fireplace, but I've explained that Santa is magical, he can find his way into any house, because not all houses have a chimney.  He is excited that we're almost at the end of his advent calendar, he has religiously sat down to open the next little door each and every morning,  It's one of the first things he asks me when he wakes up in the morning, "Mommy, can I do my calendar?"  It's the best.  He really gets it this year.  Last night he watched Frosty the Snowman, I remember watching that as a kid and I'm glad they are still showing it!  It's an oldie but a goodie.  This year, he even went willingly to sit with Santa and tell him what he wants for Christmas.  He was nervous, but the fear of Santa not coming outweighed his actual fear of Santa!  So he sat down beside him and told him what he wanted and we got some good pictures.  They really captured the moment.  I don't even care that he wasn't smiling, it was what it was. 

It is also the time of year to remember those who are less fortunate.  Please make a donation to your favourite charity, or donate some time to a worthwhile cause. 

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family Amanda! Maybe it be magical! And all the best for 2011

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenn, I wish the same for you too. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete