Saturday, December 25, 2010

Truth #5

Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.

This one comes to mind immediately.  A very good friend from H.S. who was in the drama club with me.  It was actually because of her that I auditioned.  The way she talked about it, it sounded like so much fun.  We were good friends for 4 years.  After we graduated, we went to different schools, kept in touch for a while, but have had no contact in probably at least 12-13 years.  I have lots of pictures and lots of good memories.  Have no clue where her life has taken her, or what she is up to now.  In an earlier post I talked about the friendships that were/are important to me.  This person became my friend at a time in my life where I think I was the most lost I have ever been.  Some of my friends had just dumped me (looking back now it all seems so silly), but I was really devastated.  I felt accepted, at least a little bit, I don't know if I was ever all the way inside that friendship circle, but at least she helped me find my way out of the hurt.  I said before that D.C. was one of the most precious experiences for me, I learned so much, met so many good people that I would never have gotten to know otherwise, and it really did feel like family. 

I do regret that we drifted apart.  I valued the time we spent together, the conversations that we had, and I'm grateful for the difference that she made.  If we ever meet again, I fully intend to tell her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment